Swedish Massage / Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
Swedish Massage is a type of therapeutic treatment which targets the superficial muscles through effleurage, petrissage, and compression. It is a firm, yet comfortable massage and a great choice if you’re getting a massage for the first time.
- General aches and pains
- Increasing the level of oxygen in blood
- Reducing muscle toxins and waste products which cause swelling and soreness
- Ridding the body of toxins – especially helpful if you are suffering from a cold (it works on the toxins at a faster rate)
- Dilating blood vessels, thus improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension
- Helping to keep muscles healthy by improving muscle tone and preventing fatigue and muscular atrophy, which could lead to injury
- Relaxing your body and mind
- Improving your all-over wellbeing
- Relieving inner tension and stress
Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a treatment that works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress, normally upper back, shoulders, neck, face and scalp.
This treatment can really help to calm the mind and is surprisingly deeply relaxing, soothing away stress and tension, leaving you relaxed and revitalised.
- Migraine and headaches
- Stress-related disorders
- A sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
- Higher levels of concentration
- Clearer thinking and focus
- Increased oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Chakra balancing and energetic healing *
* Chakras in Hindu metaphysical tradition are centres of Prana – life force or vital energy – and their names are derived from the Ayurvedic Healing System which teaches self-care and prevention of illness.
Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy that has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years.
It involves the use of essential oils extracted from flowers, bark, roots, herbs and other plants for physical and emotional wellbeing. Each essential oil has its own unique properties and benefits. Some have been found to have degrees of antimicrobial activity and are believed to have antiviral, anti-fungal, insecticidal, and antioxidant properties.
Aromatherapy does not provide a cure for diseases or illnesses, but it can support conventional treatment of various conditions. At ZunZun Therapies, we use aromatherapy oils and massage together to bring a range of benefits.
- Pain and body aches
- Anxiety, agitation, stress and depression
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Muscular aches and pains
- Circulatory problems
- Menstrual problems
- Menopausal problems
- Alopecia or hair loss
- Enhancing lymphatic drainage, helping to reduce fluid retention and prevent edema
- Inducing a feeling of deep relaxation in the body
- Helping to restore balance in the body
- Stimulating your body's natural immune system
- Increasing oxygen and nutrient supply to tissues by increasing blood circulation
- Promoting a general state of wellbeing
- Calming and soothing the mind
- Helping to lift the mood and reduce feelings of depression
SOFT TISSUE & REMEDIAL MASSAGE
Soft Tissue Release is a form of bodywork designed specifically around the area of neuromuscular therapy.
It stretches and mobilises tissues, increasing vasodilation and efficient uptake of oxygen and stimulates the parasympathetic system. In this way, it focuses on increasing recovery rates of muscular injuries, fixing muscular imbalances, and relieving chronic pain. Not surprisingly, this type of massage therapy is popular among athletes, as it is a quick and effective way of recovering strength and flexibility after muscular injuries.
- Migraine and headaches
- Muscle injury
- Breakdown of adhesion and scar tissue
- Pain management
- Removing waste products
- Easing stress and tension
- Promoting mind / body awareness (proprioception)
- Enhancing flexibility and mobility
- Relieving pain and discomfort
- Supporting the body’s healing process
- Assisting in post-exercise recovery or injury
- Maintaining optimal tissue health
For more on the theory behind Soft Tissue Release, click here.